Summer Design Intern
To support the Sharesies team in making investing easy, accessible and appealing for New Zealanders.
- Support the design team
- Pitching in on whatever is needed
What you'll do:
Over the summer months Sharesies is sharing the love and would like a design intern (paid) come work in-house to put their skills towards 'real-life' projects. Whether you’re interested in video, web, product design, marketing design, illustration or motion/animation. Demonstrate your skills to us and we’ll assess them—if selected we’ll have a go at fitting you into a role that suits.
Reports to: Design Chief
Direct Reports: None
Key relationships: Internal: the Sharesies team, External: suppliers, external advisors
When: November 2019 to February 2020
Hours: As required
This position description is intended merely as a guideline of the responsibilities involved in the position. The employee is expected to perform any other duties as reasonably required by their Manager.
A bit about you:
You’re self-motivated and good at taking a task and running with it. You get stuck in, you see something needs to be done and you sort it out. You delight people with the way you go above and beyond making their day that much better.
Most importantly you're keen to dig in and help, contributing a cheerful, positive vibe at Sharesies.
- Skilled in design thinking
- Time management
- Keen learner
- Great thinker, communicator and a people person
- Based in Wellington (or keen to be)
- Please send through a portfolio, or link to one
A bit about us
Our purpose is to create a more financially empowered generation. We believe that everyone deserves the chance to live the life they choose. Everyone deserves the right to be able to grow their wealth, and everyone should be able to invest. We’re developing a new generation of investor, one pay-day a time.
In a little over two years we've helped over 55,000 people invest over $75m! We've made investing engaging, accessible and straight-up for realsies.
Oh, hang on a minute! We're also Wellington's latest Gold awards “Cyber Gold” recipient, as well as last year’s "best emerging product" recipient, and Deloitte Fast 50 Rising Star.
- Although money is a part of everyone’s lives most people have a negative relationship with money, we change this by creating loveable customer experiences.
- Good ideas can come from everywhere in the business—it is not to dictate, but facilitate.
- Good culture is more than just having a ping-pong table—we’re pretty new and looking for someone with a positive outlook to grow with us. P.S. we don’t have a ping pong table… yet ;)
- Always Care. Care for each other, our customers and ourselves.
- Chase Remarkable. Make it loveable, be bold, take risks and set a new benchmark of achievement.
- In it Together. Value the team and have each other’s back.
What we offer in return:
- This is a paid internship, where you'll get the opportunity to experience life in a tech/finance start-up and develop your skills.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to how people manage their money and growing the wealth of everyday New Zealanders. We provide a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment. We work hard, have fun, enjoy a good laugh and have each other's backs.
- We're a place that values people and what they bring to the table—their personality and their skills. We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do too.
- We're a growth company—we all pitch in to drive exceptional outcomes. We support each other to move fast and lean.
- Everyone contributes to the culture at Sharesies, and It’s how we can create work around the life you want to have.
- An inner city office—we're getting all the bells and whistles ready in our new CBD space. Loads of natural light and is close to loads of good coffee, bars and eats.
- Fostering curiosity—in your job and within the business. If there's something that has piqued your interest, follow it! Who knows where it will lead?