Support the operations & opportunities function at Sharesies. This includes and is not limited to:
- Supporting dealing, settlement and reconciliation of investments
- Customer monitoring and support
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) analysis and administration
- Identifying automation opportunities
- Setting Sharesies up for success by building great processes
- Pitching in on whatever is needed
What you’ll do:
From managing address verification to dealing and settling investments, and investigating customer transactions - your days will be dynamic. One constant you can expect day to day is you’ll be working closely with our whole team, we all sit pretty close. The Operations Manager and other operations staff will be your go-to for advice & support.
This position description is intended merely as a guideline of the responsibilities involved in the position. The employee is expected to perform any other duties as reasonably required by their Manager.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Hours: Up to full-time, 40 hours per week
Key Relationships: Internal: The Sharesies team, External: Sharesies investors
A bit about you
You’re looking for an entry level position and willing to learn heaps. You’re process minded, a details person, and are keen to learn or already have knowledge that will see you help keep Sharesies operations processes running smoothly. You know a bit about finance, or are interested to learn more. You are a confident problem solver who is focused on efficiency. You’ll also be comfortable throwing new ideas out and are prepared for them to be challenged - in a nice way.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Loves problem-solving
- Process driven mindset
- Show care in all you do - great attention to detail
- Enjoys being part of a team
Driven, an optimistic can-do attitude. Must be able to work in Wellington.
A bit about us
Our purpose is to build a more financially empowered generation. We believe that everyone deserves the chance to live the life they choose. Everyone deserves the right to be able to grow their wealth, and everyone should be able to invest. We’re developing a new generation of investor, one pay-day a time.
In a little over two years we've helped over 55,000 people invest over $75m! We've made investing engaging, accessible and straight-up for realsies.
Oh, hang on a minute! We're also Wellington's latest Gold awards “Cyber Gold” recipient, as well as last year’s "best emerging product" recipient, and Deloitte Fast 50 Rising Star.
Although money is a part of everyone’s lives, most people have a negative relationship with money—we’ll challenge this by creating loveable experiences.
Good ideas can come from everywhere in the business—it’s not to dictate, but facilitate.
Workplace culture is more than just having a ping-pong table—you’ll acknowledge that we’re a startup. We’re looking for someone with a great attitude who can grow with us.
What we offer in return:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to how people manage their money and growing the wealth of everyday New Zealanders. We provide a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment. We work hard, have fun, enjoy a good laugh and have each other's backs.
- We're a place that values people and what they bring to the table—their personality and their skills. We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do too.
- We're a growth company—we all pitch in to drive extraordinary outcomes. We support each other to move fast and lean.
- Everyone contributes to the culture at Sharesies, and It’s how we can create work around the life you want to have.
- An inner city office—we're getting all the bells and whistles ready in our new CBD space. Loads of natural light and is close to loads of good coffee, bars and eats.
- Fostering curiosity—in your job and within the business. If there's something that has piqued your interest, follow it! Who knows where it will lead?