Establish and manage Sharesies NZX equities dealing function.
- Establish and manage the on-market dealing function at Sharesies
- Support development of DMA service and look for automation opportunities in every corner
- Ensuring all compliance and trading procedures are adhered to (working with the Compliance Officer and Managing Principal)
- Train other Sharesies staff to become an NZ equities dealer
- Share insight on NZX equity movements with Sharesies team and customers
- Monitor key areas of execution and associated risk
- Represent Sharesies at industry events
- Pitching in on whatever is needed.
Internal: Operations team, Management team, customer team and wider Sharesies team
External: NZX and key people relationships
This position description is intended merely as a guideline of the responsibilities involved in the position. The employee is expected to perform any other duties as reasonably required by their Manager.
A bit about you
You’re passionate about equities and finance! Having been a dealer, you're excited about setting up a dealing function and leading it as it grows.
You’ve worked with the NZX before and deeply understand Good Broker Practice and NZX rules.
You’re analytical by nature and love keeping up with market news and insight. You’re keen to share your knowledge and help others be as informed as they can when it comes to trading.
As part of sharing the knowledge, you’re keen to help others and would love the opportunity to train others to become Dealers at Sharesies.
You’re perceptive enough to recognise when we’re outgrowing a system or process and enjoy coming up with incremental improvements or the new better way.
You’re a great teammate who will be working closely with our whole team—we all sit pretty close.
Experience as an accredited on market NZX dealer
Strong experience with;
- NZX equities having already been an accredited NZ Equities Dealer
- XStream (NZX trading system)
- Building key relationships with the NZX
- Strong communication and people skills.
- A deep understanding of capital markets - NZX.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilience, and strong stakeholder management skills.
- A real drive and passion for people and doing the right thing.
Driven, an optimistic can-do attitude.
Must be able to work in Wellington.
- Always Care. Care for each other, our customers and ourselves.
- Chase Remarkable. Make it loveable, be bold, take risks and set a new benchmark of achievement.
- In it Together. Value the team and have each other’s back.
What we offer in return:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to how people manage their money and growing the wealth of everyday New Zealanders. We provide a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment. We work hard, have fun, enjoy a good laugh and have each other's backs.
- We're a place that values people and what they bring to the table—their personality and their skills. We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do too.
- We're a growth company—we all pitch in to drive extraordinary outcomes. We move fast and lean.
- Everyone contributes to the culture at Sharesies, and It’s how we can create work around the life you want to have.
- An inner city office—we're getting all the bells and whistles ready in our new CBD space. Loads of natural light and is close to loads of good coffee, bars and eats.
- Fostering curiosity—in your job and within the business. If there's something that has piqued your interest, follow it! Who knows where it will lead?